Fathers and sons outing

I have been Going to Father's and Sons Outings for a long time with my sons. I remember the first one with my first son (Byron). I think he was only about 9 months old or something like that. I think both my sons went on everyone with me since they were tiny until the became missionaries and weren't around for a couple of years. A lot of things got in the way as they got older but it still is an annual event that we try and get to.

It was fun when they were small, but we do other things now that they are grown. We played around in the dutch ovens. It was Dallin's Birthday so I made him a ckae in the Dutch oven. It was a fruit cocktail cake with a butter sauce instead of frosting. I thought it turned out pretty good and I'll use it again. We cooked an elk roast that Dallin had, and we made some popcorn.

We got up early and helped with breakfast and tore down camp. Then we went fishing. We got rained on most of the time. Nobody caught any fish so maybe next time.

Uncle Jon and his boys came with us. We gotta catch some fish so they can get more excited about it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chocolate Lava Cake via the Dutch Oven

New Recipe I'm working on...Chocolate Pumpkin Tart

Semi Finals Menu Explained