Let's Block Party...........


We had some fun about a month ago that I thought I would share around. On August 5th we had a Block Party. Yep we haven't had one of those for awhile. The family was out on the lawn and talking with some of the neighbors and we decided we would have a block party. Well it so happens that is was about the same time frame as the "Night out Against Crime". So I contacted the City of South Salt Lake and arranged with officer Heddlesten to be able to block off our street. He got everything Ok'd through the city and we started to go to work on it. I had a great bunch of folks that helped out. (Thanks everyone). :)

Well I won't bore you with all the details but we had a blast! We covered both sides of Adams Street and both sides of 500 East from Welby to 2700 South. I counted about 110 people there throughout the night. It was Pot luck so we had a little bit of everything. (except Dutch oven) We got to meet a lot of new people that i didn't know before. We had a couple get to know you games and we had some prizes to give away.
Well we had fun! Click on the Block Party link above and you can see some pictures.Sorry all you guys that moved away and missed out! lol

Comments

Answer to Many said…
You wait to have a block party until we move out of the neighborhood! I see how it is;) I'm glad you had a great time it looks like alot of fun!
we miss the old 'hood.
Ted said…
Funny ....that is what a couple of us wanted to call the party..."Welcome to the Hood"... So when are you goin gto teachme how to fancy my blog up like yours?

Popular posts from this blog

Chocolate Lava Cake via the Dutch Oven

New Recipe I'm working on...Chocolate Pumpkin Tart

Semi Finals Menu Explained