Sunday Dinner Rolls


I've wanted to improve my bread making skills so I told my wife I want to start making the rolls every week for Sunday dinner. I thought that would be a great way to get better at making bread. I've been doing it now for quite a few months. I've tried numerous recipes and different kinds of flours. I'm getting it narrowed down to a couple basic ones that I will continue to use in our Dutch Oven Cook Offs, and of course Sunday Dinner. Some haven't turned out well and others are getting better. I think I'm learning a lot about Kneading dough! I'll try and start posting some recipes so if you want to try them.

Comments

Ranes said…
While waiting on those recipes, why not share your findings. Which flours have you found work better? How long do you think is good for kneading? What characteristics does your dough have when done? What do you use to measure the 'doubling' of bread.. the size or the finger test? Share your two months of trial and error. =0)
Ted said…
Ranes, you and I sure think different. I guess I need to be more technical when I do it. :)
I'll try and figure some of those items out.
Answer to Many said…
I want 'em! We always us the same recipe, out of a really old better homes and gardens cookbook. So I want some variations.

Popular posts from this blog

Chocolate Lava Cake via the Dutch Oven

New Recipe I'm working on...Chocolate Pumpkin Tart

Semi Finals Menu Explained