McDonald's Gourmet Hot Chocolate...............

Dallin and I were in a Cook-off today...but this blog is on another subject. On our way down to Provo we decided to stop at a McDonald's because Dal didn't have any breakfast. So I decided that I would get me a nice cup of Hot Chocolate because it was kind of cold and wet, and it sounded good. Dallin drove up to the drive up and I reached in to the ole wallet and broke through the cobwebs and retrieved $1.00 and handed it to him and said get me a Hot Chocolate. We were getting ready to order and I asked him how much it was.........You have got to be kidding me $2.45 for a cup of cocoa. They were advertising it like it was some kind of GOURMET HOT CHOCOLATE. Well we ended up watching her make it for us. It looked like hot water, chocolate syrup and blend. Add about a 1/2 cup of Redi whip from the spray can, then add some more chocolate syrup. It is sounding pretty good huh? OR NOT.... Nastiest stuff we have ever tasted. Not having young children anymore we do not end up ever going to MciD's. So I learned my lesson. We should have just run over to the gas station and got some. What happened to the Dollar menu they advertise on the TV???? Well it was so not worth it. Then we got to the cook off and I started talking with the organizer, and he says; We have Hot chocolate right here for all the competitors. Sp we refilled our cup with some Irish cream Hot Chocolate....Much better and FREEEEEE! OK I'm done ranting! Just Say NO!

Comments

Answer to Many said…
You should always say no to McD's!
Ha! This is so funny because... I am a hot chocolate LOVER and I am constantly looking for the best cup of hot chocolate I can find... I took a chance on McD's not knowing what to expect and I to was disappointed... Better stick with 7-11!
Chas Hathaway said…
Lol! I love hot chocolate. Have you ever tried mixing hot apple cider with hot chocolate? It's pretty good! Maybe not worth two and a half bucks, but still!

- Chas
http://chas.willowrise.com/
Unknown said…
That's funny... growing up in Alaska, hot cocoa means a lot of precious things to me... and mcDs is my absolute favorite hot cocoa! Now, sometimes they goof it and it tastes pretty bad, but theres one mcDonalds near me that rarely fails and it's heaven. However, I imagine many of you are more into dark chocolate stuff too, which I can't tolerate lol. As for Andrea, true that! (minus the cocoa) I got food poisoning from mcDonalds that taught me that food poisoning is no joke. I crossed mcDs off my list for that, but will still go to get cocoa sometimes :)
but some places never get their cocoa right :/

Popular posts from this blog

Chocolate Lava Cake via the Dutch Oven

New Recipe I'm working on...Chocolate Pumpkin Tart

Semi Finals Menu Explained