New Recipe I'm working on...Chocolate Pumpkin Tart


I've been working on a new Dutch Oven dessert recipe so I thought I would post it here to see if I could get any help on what I could add or take away. I may use this one in an upcoming cook-off. It is a Chocolate Pumpkin Tort. OK you'll notice by the picture that it has a Chocolate cookie crumb crust that happens to be mint flavored. (My kids really liked it so that may stay.) Then the next layer is melted Chocolate chips. They were milk chocolate. The original recipe calls for semi sweet. And then a pumpkin pie over it. Here are the things I may change, let me know what you think? I was thinking of changing the Chocolate Chips to white chocolate, to give a good contrast in color when you slice it, then on the top I would swirl or stripe some chocolate chips. Maybe a dab of whipped cream with some pumpkin pie spice on it? What do you think? Remember its all done in a dutch ovens. I'll post the recipe as soon as I'm. done with the practicing and changing. Here is another picture of it out of the dutch oven and cut open on a serving plate:
It was gooooooooooooooood............Now to make it better!



Great comments everyone! I will try some of those. Ok I did it again the other night and here is a couple of pics. It wasn't very pretty! (I had problem with the chocolate on the top) I love the white stripe of chocolate though and again the taste was great!

Comments

Answer to Many said…
Definetely do the white chocolate. And the design on top would be pretty. I don't know about the mint though. How is it with just plain cookie crust? I don't know though. Sam says it sounds wonderful
heather said…
That looks scrumptious! I think your changes would be so neat. Something I have been adding to my pumpkin squares and bread is a package of instant vanilla pudding. Don't know if that would work- but it makes it good.
kody said…
I think you should try all these ideas and let me taste them all and I will help you decide. I can't look at your blogspot when it is close to lunch or I go crazy and my hunger pains seem to grow.
Ted said…
Andrea,
The cookie crust is mint chocolate, and I was going to switch it, but my kids liked it!

Interesting! I may have to try the pudding idea. It is a pie but if I add a little milk that may work! Thanks Heather!

I'll save you a piece Kody!

Keep the ideas coming, this is going to be a good sounding board for some of my recipes.
Christine said…
That looks so yummy!
Linz said…
Instead of pumpkin pie spice on top, try shaved chocolate pieces? It would contrast on the whipped cream also!
It sounds great!!!
Answer to Many said…
ok ted,
This is what I would do I would mix evenly white chocolate chips with buterscotch chips. then build the rest of the pie on top of that the white chocolate should complament the mint cookie and the butterscotch the pumpkin.
Sam
Ted, That looks so yummy! I can't look at your blog when I am hungry. I'm having a hard time imagining the mint crust, but I'll take your word for it. I have an idea... make this again on sunday and we will come to your house to sample it!!! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Chocolate Lava Cake via the Dutch Oven

Semi Finals Menu Explained