Auction....I got 5 who'll give me 10?

Ok on Saturday I did something I haven't ever done before that I thought would be fun to pass on......I went to an Auction! Yep just what you think of going through your mind right now. The auctioneer was standing up on their podium and talking fast.
My Youngest brother called me and said you might be interested in this, so I grabbed Katie and we went over! When you get there you were able to look at all the items that were going to be auctioned. It happened to be a sporting goods auction of some store that had closed down or something. They had sleeping bags, tents, waders, fishing poles, DUTCH OVENS, stoves and all kinds of things. (Yes I know I should have let all of you know about it, but it happened too fast) Katie and I went around the warehouse and marked a sheet of the things we might be interested in. Then we got registered so that we could bid. The auctioneers add 10% to your merchandise that you purchase. I had a bunch of things marked so we sat down and found out what happens. It is pretty fast and furious, but they had so many items it was really slow. We hung around for awhile then we decided this was going to be a long time before they got to the items we were interested in. So we went home and caught the 1st session of conference then I went back over with Dallin. We ended up leaving again and coming back after the 2nd session of conference. But when we got back this time is was just right! The it was game on! hahahahha :) It was pretty fun you see something you want and you start bidding. The one problem we had was not enough money. :( But we did end up purchasing a couple things...a couple more Dutch ovens! They had sleeping bags going for $10.00, nice fishing poles $10.00, I bid on a tent for Katie and Ryan that went for $20.00. Ok I know next time I will try and spread the word! So here is a pic of what we bought.

Comments

hello!!! next time you get a deal like that, you better call me! We totally need some dutch ovens and sleeping bags. Way to go on your great deals though.

Popular posts from this blog

Chocolate Lava Cake via the Dutch Oven

New Recipe I'm working on...Chocolate Pumpkin Tart

Semi Finals Menu Explained