New Meat In The Freezer....

Well we got to play butchers last week. Dallin went deer hunting with his Father in Law, and he brought home a deer.(He did specify that his FIL did shoot it) Now usually when I got a deer I would take it to a processing plant and have them butcher and package it. But Ken (FIL) said he would come over and help us do it. So we did it! We got a bunch of roasts, steaks, stew meat, and some jerky meat. We did take some pics of the process, but I decided that I better not blog those! Now we will be playing with some of the meat and learning some new things that I haven't made before. And of course we will be using the Dutch ovens with some of it also. I'll post some of those venison recipes as we do them. We will make some deer jerky, and also I want to try some summer sausage. So this should be fun!

Comments

Answer to Many said…
Impressive!
Thanks for the Comment Comment Comment... I was being a smart allec but thanks for noticing.
Have fun with the deer Meat.
How was the Trunk R'Treat? Sam ended up working late and I thought it was Friday... So yeah I was sad we didn't make it.

Popular posts from this blog

Chocolate Lava Cake via the Dutch Oven

New Recipe I'm working on...Chocolate Pumpkin Tart

Semi Finals Menu Explained