nOodDlEs Yummy Home Made Noodles!



Well the other day Connie started some soup that we didn't use. So for dinner the other night Nicole and I made Home Made Chicken Noodle Soup with real Home Made Noodles. As I said in a previous post we won a new Rolling pin (above) in the cook off the other day, and I was anxious to give it a try. So we made a noodle dough as follows:

Egg Noodles:
2 Cups of flour
2 Egg yolks
1 Egg
2 Teaspoons of salt
1/2 cup of Water

We used a food processor but you could do it by hand. Mix the flour, eggs, and salt then give it a pulse, then add the water a little bit at a time until you have a good dough. Put some flour on your counter then roll them out to about 1/8" thick. I don't think it needs to be too fancy. Then we cut them in strips and put them right in the hot soup base and let it cook for about 15 minutes. Yes they were yummy. I wanted to add dumplings but Nicole doesn't like them like her Dad! :) It turned out really good and they are easy. Some people will tell you that you can't put the noodles in like that and you need to dry them first. You don't, and they are a lot more filling then the store bought ones. Try it out you'll like it! It does take a little longer than just dumping them out of the bag. I would post a picture but we ate it all!

Comments

Chas Hathaway said…
What a great idea! Make home-made noodles. Somehow noodles always seems like one of those things that can only be bought - like marshmallows or cereal. How cool to know you can actually make them at home!

We miss you guys. Keep in touch!

- Chas
http://chas.willowrise.com/
Jenni said…
Those are very yummy noodles! I tried them out today, and they where so good, I decided to turn them into dinner. I think it would be yummy to make lasagna with these noodles.
Ted said…
Nicole and I want to try Spaghetti!

Popular posts from this blog

Chocolate Lava Cake via the Dutch Oven

New Recipe I'm working on...Chocolate Pumpkin Tart

Semi Finals Menu Explained