Mixed Berry Cobbler in My New Dutch Oven

Well guess what one of the things was that I got for my birthday? Yep just what I needed another Dutch Oven! It is a small one that Lodge just started making. It is a 6 inch oven that has a 1 Quart capacity. For those smaller meals. One of the groups on the Internet that I frequent is a Dutch Oven Group called The Art of Camp Dutch Oven Cooking. They are having a contest for recipes for the new 6 inch Dutch oven, so I thought that I would try a few different recipes in it and see how they turned out. With it being so small I is a little tougher to downsize my recipes. So I thought that I would start with a Mixed Berry Cobbler. (it sounded easy) I don't have the completed recipe yet because this is my first time trying it. So I will post it later after it gets a little more perfected. It was a little to much like cake for my taste yet so I will keep you updated on the changes then I will post the recipe.

First I mixed the batter part.


Some Butter in the Dutch oven:




Add the berries These were mixed and frozen:



Pour the batter over the top of it:



Then cook it:



I dumped it out to see how it looked:




A close up:




It tasted OK but it was to much like a cake. I like cobbler different than that. So back to the drawing board I will change a few ingredients and see what happens. I think I will try the batter on the bottom also. It is kind of fun cooking smaller, of course I won't be able to share much with neighbors. lol! I have a bunch of other ones I want to try, I guess I will see how they turn out before I post one for the contest.


Comments

Christine said…
Yummy! That looks sooo good!!

Popular posts from this blog

Chocolate Lava Cake via the Dutch Oven

New Recipe I'm working on...Chocolate Pumpkin Tart

Semi Finals Menu Explained